Kentucky Gamers Guild
Welcome to Gamers Guild,a community for Kentucky gamers to get together,meet new friends,play,and attend events.
Kentucky Gamers Guild
Welcome to Gamers Guild,a community for Kentucky gamers to get together,meet new friends,play,and attend events.
Kentucky Gamers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet up with other gamers around Kentucky.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone still play PS2 rpgs?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
OldSchoolRPGer
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja

Anyone still play PS2 rpgs? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone still play PS2 rpgs?   Anyone still play PS2 rpgs? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 8:25 pm

So since I've been at college, I haven't wanted to keep anything valuable in the dorm for fear of it getting jacked. That being said, I've been playing a ton of rpgs on it, most recently Soul Nomad and the World Eaters, which is pretty addictive. Anyone know some good games? I've already gone through the FFs, DDSs, Personas, Tales games, Disgaea, Arc the Lads, and maybe some random others.
Back to top Go down
MarshMayhem
Forum Master
Forum Master
MarshMayhem

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play PS2 rpgs?   Anyone still play PS2 rpgs? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 8:30 pm

the wild arms,star ocean,uh thats best 2 series u didnt name i can think of ill look through my games later n let ya know more though and hell yea i still play ps2 rpgs
Back to top Go down
Rizzy
Forum Padawan
Forum Padawan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play PS2 rpgs?   Anyone still play PS2 rpgs? EmptyFri May 01, 2009 5:34 am

Have you played Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne? Suppose to be a really good game. I'm assuming DDS is standing for Digital Devil Saga but if not go play those. A set of games I thoroughly enjoyed was the dot hack GU series. Found them to be quite entertaining and the story is pretty good. There is also Jade Cocoon 2 which was a blast to me when I played it. I'm assuming you played Kingdom of Hearts, I didn't really enjoy it but maybe you should check into it if you haven't. A lot seem to enjoy it. But my favorite RPG series I think you should check out would be the Shadow Hearts. It has more of a darker tone in the first two games and the third is on the lighter side but the first two are amazing!
Back to top Go down
OldSchoolRPGer
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play PS2 rpgs?   Anyone still play PS2 rpgs? EmptyFri May 01, 2009 6:32 am

I've been wantint to get Nocturne for a long time, but it's just been hard to find. Yeah, the digital devil sagas are fun, but hard. I tried .hack a long time ago, just wasn't for me. And I loved the first Shadow Hearts, I really want to track one of those down. Best opening cutscene ever. Thanks for the suggestions. Keep em coming.
Back to top Go down
Rizzy
Forum Padawan
Forum Padawan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play PS2 rpgs?   Anyone still play PS2 rpgs? EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:05 pm

Well there is two series of dot hack. The GU is the newer series and has 3 games in that. And the older one has 4.
Back to top Go down
OldSchoolRPGer
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play PS2 rpgs?   Anyone still play PS2 rpgs? EmptyFri May 01, 2009 5:27 pm

Ooohh ok. Well I'll have to check it out. Heard the new Shin Megami Tensei:Devil Summoner wasn't bad, might have to try that out. I wonder when they'll stop making PS2 games and I'll have to give in and buy a new next gen console.
Back to top Go down
MarshMayhem
Forum Master
Forum Master
MarshMayhem

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play PS2 rpgs?   Anyone still play PS2 rpgs? EmptyMon May 04, 2009 5:52 pm

nah i doubt they will quit ne time soon still making too much money you know a console is good when they make better games for their last gen then their new @-@;
Back to top Go down
OldSchoolRPGer
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play PS2 rpgs?   Anyone still play PS2 rpgs? EmptyMon May 04, 2009 5:54 pm

That's true. I haven't really seen ANY good next gen RPGs, with the exception of Lost Odyssey. I was hoping Blue Dragon was going to be sweet. But apparently it didn't turn out too hot.
Back to top Go down
MarshMayhem
Forum Master
Forum Master
MarshMayhem

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play PS2 rpgs?   Anyone still play PS2 rpgs? EmptyMon May 04, 2009 5:56 pm

Tales of Vesperia is best one iv played,better than lost odyssey.Blue Dragon is stupid and childish.Last remnant is badass.And new store ocean is mediocre. Infinite Undiscovery was pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
DarkGamer11
Forum Padawan
Forum Padawan
DarkGamer11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play PS2 rpgs?   Anyone still play PS2 rpgs? EmptyTue May 05, 2009 12:08 pm

Agree with Marsh, ToV is the best RPG I've played on 360, though I've been wanting to try out Star Ocean. As far as PS2 goes, have you tried Rogue Galaxy? It was released on PS2 right before PS3 came out, and it is very good. The battle system is similar to FF12 in that theyre streamlined, so there is no loading before/after. It also has an interesting skill system where you gain abilities by placing items on a grid, a la FFX.
Back to top Go down
OldSchoolRPGer
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play PS2 rpgs?   Anyone still play PS2 rpgs? EmptyTue May 05, 2009 12:11 pm

That's actually one of the two RPGs I didn't beat this year at college. The other was FF12. I liked what little I did play of Rogue Galaxy. I like the battle system a lot better than FF12... Just not a fan of FF12 for whatever reason. But I've heard it's like 60+ hours, so it'll be a good time killer. Didn't ToV get lackluster reviews?
Back to top Go down
OldSchoolRPGer
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play PS2 rpgs?   Anyone still play PS2 rpgs? EmptyTue May 05, 2009 12:12 pm

I retract that last statement. I just cross-checked my own stupidity.
Back to top Go down
[CHAOS]Dragon250
Forum Master
Forum Master
[CHAOS]Dragon250

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play PS2 rpgs?   Anyone still play PS2 rpgs? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 3:37 am

Dude I was obsessed with Disgaea for the longest time! Hahaha.
Umm, I think you should get a Gamecube. There are a couple really good rpg/adventure games for it. Plus you can get a 'cube for like 30 bucks with a controller lol
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/dragon250
OldSchoolRPGer
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play PS2 rpgs?   Anyone still play PS2 rpgs? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 6:15 am

I got a Wii. And Tales of Symphonia... And Eternal Darkness... I want Skies of Arcadia.. After that idk what's good on the cube.
Back to top Go down
[CHAOS]Dragon250
Forum Master
Forum Master
[CHAOS]Dragon250

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play PS2 rpgs?   Anyone still play PS2 rpgs? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 10:26 am

Hmmm..let's see...

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Lost Kingdoms(one of my favorite games of all time!)
Lost Kingdoms II
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
The Phantasy Star Online games..

And if you like adventure games..

Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker
Viewtiful Joe
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
and probably a bunch more that I can't think of lol
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/dragon250
MarshMayhem
Forum Master
Forum Master
MarshMayhem

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play PS2 rpgs?   Anyone still play PS2 rpgs? EmptyMon May 11, 2009 6:35 pm

oh snap!i forgot about viewtiful joe lol that was pretty tight game and to who ever was waskin about star ocean its pretty good game cept the cutscenes arent very well done and most the characters have monotone voices which gets annoying after about 5 cutscenes not to mention some cutscenes go for about 20-30min but the gameplay is good.
Back to top Go down
OldSchoolRPGer
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play PS2 rpgs?   Anyone still play PS2 rpgs? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 8:26 pm

Any nextgen RPG-esque games like Indigo Prophecy or Eternal Darkness? I know those aren't true RPG games but I didn't really know what else to classify them as..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play PS2 rpgs?   Anyone still play PS2 rpgs? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone still play PS2 rpgs?
Page 1 of 1