Kentucky Gamers Guild
Welcome to Gamers Guild,a community for Kentucky gamers to get together,meet new friends,play,and attend events.
Kentucky Gamers Guild
Welcome to Gamers Guild,a community for Kentucky gamers to get together,meet new friends,play,and attend events.
Kentucky Gamers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet up with other gamers around Kentucky.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arcade Stick

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MarshMayhem
Forum Master
Forum Master
MarshMayhem

Arcade Stick Empty
PostSubject: Arcade Stick   Arcade Stick EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 2:40 pm

So I have the fightpad to use on street fighter 4 which helps tremendously but I was wondering about the arcade sticks.I mean theyr all about $100 and up pretty pricey to spend but is it worth it any one got one and have anything to say about it?I can't help but think it might help me take my game to next level in fighting games by getting one but then again maybe its not something really needed?I don't know give me some input if you got any.
Back to top Go down
Rizzy
Forum Padawan
Forum Padawan

Arcade Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Stick   Arcade Stick EmptyFri May 01, 2009 5:42 am

An arcade stick is necessary if you want to attempt to make it pro at a fighting game scene as in SFIV. Since most of the events take place on an arcade machine (some don't) but still. Also there are a lot of techniques you can do on an arcade stick that's difficult to do on a controller. Gen's MK > Finger Poke comes to mind along with quick charging for charged characters. Also there are sometimes shortcuts people learn how to do. You'll be crappy for a week or so but meh. The fightpad is really good if you just want to have fun but don't want to take it any more serious then that. It beats the xbox controller imo out of the water especially with the button layout and dpad.
Back to top Go down
DarkGamer11
Forum Padawan
Forum Padawan
DarkGamer11

Arcade Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Stick   Arcade Stick EmptyTue May 05, 2009 12:03 pm

I have the Hori PS3 Fight Stick (FS3) and it works ok. It definitely makes certain things easier (such as Guile's Super/Hyper, Zangief's Spinning Piledriver) but it does take getting used to. It took me a while to stop doing Shoryukens and actually use my hyper XD
Back to top Go down
MarshMayhem
Forum Master
Forum Master
MarshMayhem

Arcade Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Stick   Arcade Stick EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:12 am

mine will be in today im going to play with it tonight when i get off work then ill post a lil review on the review section to let everyone know how it plays,i got the standard edition SF4 fight stick.Woot cant wait for that damn fedex truck to pull up.
Back to top Go down
MarshMayhem
Forum Master
Forum Master
MarshMayhem

Arcade Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Stick   Arcade Stick EmptyWed May 13, 2009 6:50 pm

So I've been playing with the arcade stick for about 2 nights now.And let me tell you,Im god awful.The stick itself is amazing,you can easily do combos and link together chain of moves that proved more than difficult on the controller,its just getting used to it takes time,the joystick is more sensitive then analog and theres 8 buttons which are large and spread out so I end up hitting wrong buttons alot of time.I say in couple weeks I'll have it down but it difinelty makes the game more intresting.If you've been thinking of getting one i recommend it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arcade Stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Stick   Arcade Stick Empty

Back to top Go down

Arcade Stick
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kentucky Gamers Guild :: Games :: Xbox360-
Jump to: