Kentucky Gamers Guild
Welcome to Gamers Guild,a community for Kentucky gamers to get together,meet new friends,play,and attend events.
Kentucky Gamers Guild
Welcome to Gamers Guild,a community for Kentucky gamers to get together,meet new friends,play,and attend events.
Kentucky Gamers Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet up with other gamers around Kentucky.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

You have a crazy pc?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
[CHAOS]Dragon250
Forum Master
Forum Master
[CHAOS]Dragon250

You have a crazy pc? Empty
PostSubject: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 3:58 am

What are the specs of your computer?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/dragon250
[CHAOS]Dragon250
Forum Master
Forum Master
[CHAOS]Dragon250

PostSubject: Re: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 4:04 am

I run an HP Pavillion with 4 gigs of ram, and 23 gigs virtual ram. It has an AMD 64 live processor and 2 hard drives: an 80 gig, and a 360 gig. It's gotta Nvidea 8600 in it with 512 mb of ram...media center with all the ports, and a cd/dvd writer/lightscribe drive. Not to mention the 32 inch 720p plasma as a monitor Very Happy It makes me happy in the pants.
Back to top Go down
rozrozroz
Forum Fledgling
Forum Fledgling
rozrozroz

PostSubject: Re: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? EmptySat May 09, 2009 8:16 am

That makes me happy in my pants and its not even my pc! I would love a much bigger monitor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rozrozroz
Savage
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Savage

PostSubject: Re: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? EmptyMon May 11, 2009 11:22 pm

I'm almost unhappy with my comp because I had to spend most of my college funds to get it. Other than the price though, I love everything about it.

I'd have to get the list for all of the features, but I've got the basics. It's an ALX-series Area 51 from Alienware. It's got 8 gigs of low latency ram, running dual nvidia 8800 Ultras on an nvidia SLI motherboard. 1 TB hard drive, but I only have 100 gigs on my XP partition and I'm running REALLY low (Vista Ultimate crashed). Liquid-cooled. Overclocked Quad core extreme processor running at 3.3 GHz.

Has two 20x cd/dvd reader/burner drives, one with LightScribe. Aigea PhysX card and Killer K1 networking chip included. There's a 7.1 sound card, but I only have a 5.1 surround system hooked up (Logitech z5300 [I think] with dual-chambered sub).

I use the original Logitech G15 keyboard (which they stripped the screen and music control from, and made into the current G11.) and a Razer Copperhead mouse. Unfortunately, all that power is pumping to a 17" V7 monitor. Not to say it's a bad monitor, just small.
Back to top Go down
[CHAOS]Dragon250
Forum Master
Forum Master
[CHAOS]Dragon250

PostSubject: Re: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? EmptyTue May 12, 2009 5:18 pm

*bows head in defeat* GOOD AH GOD. Dual wielding 88 ultras? Your computer is a god.
Don't worry, 17 is more than big enough...mine is just insanely, unnecessarily large lol. So uncalled for.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Savage

PostSubject: Re: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? EmptyTue May 12, 2009 10:29 pm

I envy your monitor. lol. Does it spout glorious euphoria from its screen?
Back to top Go down
blodhawk222
Forum Padawan
Forum Padawan

PostSubject: Re: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 7:21 am

I bow to your computer as well, only got a q6600 with 6 gigs low latency and one 8800gt and 2 320gb drives running in raid 0. Oh well, but I do like my optoma hd 65 projector I have hooked up to my pc Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OldSchoolRPGer
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja

PostSubject: Re: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 8:33 pm

Boo to Vista... And Windows in general.. What are the other .9 TB on your hard drive partitioned for? Hopefully not all Vista?
Back to top Go down
[CHAOS]Dragon250
Forum Master
Forum Master
[CHAOS]Dragon250

PostSubject: Re: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? EmptyMon May 18, 2009 1:25 am

Yes it does. I have to clean it off of my keyboard every time I turn the thing on lol!
Back to top Go down
[CHAOS]Dragon250
Forum Master
Forum Master
[CHAOS]Dragon250

PostSubject: Re: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? EmptyMon May 18, 2009 1:28 am

I have to admit...I would trade any PC for an Apple G4. 16 gigs 'o ram? 2 tb hardrive space? I'll take it! But I would dual wield XP and Vista:)
Back to top Go down
OldSchoolRPGer
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja

PostSubject: Re: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? EmptyMon May 18, 2009 9:05 am

16 gigs of ram? 2 TB of space? Man, you're living in the past.. try 32GB ram and 4TB of hard drive space, plus the ability to quad wield NVidia graphics cards. I'd have it dual boot XP and OSX, but not vista, cuz it's just a shitty copy of OSX
Back to top Go down
[CHAOS]Dragon250
Forum Master
Forum Master
[CHAOS]Dragon250

PostSubject: Re: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? EmptyWed May 20, 2009 4:46 pm

Good god...I've been away from the computer scene for too long. When did they make that! Hahaha...what is it?? I gotta know.
Back to top Go down
OldSchoolRPGer
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja

PostSubject: Re: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? EmptyWed May 20, 2009 5:03 pm

Recently man, just came out with new apple desktops... Things are absolutely beastly... Got raid drive options on it too and some fibre channel stuff, like 100Gbps fibre... It's truly insane.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Savage

PostSubject: Re: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? EmptyWed May 20, 2009 10:21 pm

OldSchoolRPGer wrote:
Boo to Vista... And Windows in general.. What are the other .9 TB on your hard drive partitioned for? Hopefully not all Vista?
I know. ;o; Vista was pretty cool pre-crash though. 3-4 gigs are for recovery programs and such between the two, and the other 800+ gigs are all on the Vista partition. I'm trying to move most of the space over, but I can't figure out the Acronis program.
Back to top Go down
OldSchoolRPGer
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja

PostSubject: Re: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? EmptyWed May 20, 2009 10:24 pm

800 gigs for Vista? Dear god... Haha. With that much space you should try a dual or tri boot.. If game manufacturers really wanted to make money they'd make games that were compatible with Linux, since you can run games with MUCH less power on a Linux platform. Linux is fun.. If you want 800 gigs worth of fail on your hard drive don't change a thing =P
Back to top Go down
Savage
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Savage

PostSubject: Re: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? EmptyWed May 20, 2009 10:29 pm

OldSchoolRPGer wrote:
800 gigs for Vista? Dear god... Haha. With that much space you should try a dual or tri boot.. If game manufacturers really wanted to make money they'd make games that were compatible with Linux, since you can run games with MUCH less power on a Linux platform. Linux is fun.. If you want 800 gigs worth of fail on your hard drive don't change a thing =P
Beyond fail for all that storage to just be sitting there. ;o; I would try Linux, but I enjoy my xp, and I'm not entirely thrilled about dealing with another os when I'm so limited on time and enthusiasm. lol. I'll most likely try it once I free up a little bit. ^^
Back to top Go down
OldSchoolRPGer
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja

PostSubject: Re: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 7:35 am

It's an amazing OS. My pc is about 4 years old and would lag a little bit playing WoW. Downloaded a free trial of EVE online for Linux.... Never lagged once.
Back to top Go down
blodhawk222
Forum Padawan
Forum Padawan

PostSubject: Re: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 9:03 am

Why are we talking about the unholy OS! (vista) Anyways, I really like Win 7 though...it's pretty slick. As for linux... I like it, but overall I'm just to lazy to fiddle with it (which distro do you use btw?). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OldSchoolRPGer
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja

PostSubject: Re: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:33 am

Ubuntu. Works great. Was usin it on a like 10 year old laptop and it hardly had any lag issues.
Back to top Go down
blodhawk222
Forum Padawan
Forum Padawan

PostSubject: Re: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 11:23 am

Ubuntu is very nice, hmmm maybe I'll pop it one on of my old machines again. I just threw win 7 on a P4 with 512mb of ram though (testing for my company). It actually runs, and runs well, fast as xp.... go figure. It's only the beta/RC1 though so hopefully this unusual trend keeps going.
Back to top Go down
[CHAOS]Dragon250
Forum Master
Forum Master
[CHAOS]Dragon250

PostSubject: Re: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 12:49 am

I like win 7. It seems to run pretty good. But there is one major complaint I have...so many compatibility issues:( Especially with freeware.
Btw, Vista is absolutely amazing if you set it up right. If you set it up to classic view, turn off all the graphical bullcrap, change the security level and eff with the registry a bit, it's awesome.
Back to top Go down
OldSchoolRPGer
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja

PostSubject: Re: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 7:29 am

See that's the problem though. Only people who can make vista alright is super technical people... But vista is supposed to be super user friendly outta the box.. but it sucks out of the box...
Back to top Go down
[CHAOS]Dragon250
Forum Master
Forum Master
[CHAOS]Dragon250

PostSubject: Re: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 6:08 pm

Good point. But for what many would call the average user, Vista is fine outa the box. The only people that will really care about any of the issues, are computer nerds and gamers...People that wanna scrape every last ounce of power outa their pc. And the majority of those people have the knowledge to adjust Vista to their preferences anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You have a crazy pc?   You have a crazy pc? Empty

Back to top Go down

You have a crazy pc?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kentucky Gamers Guild :: Games :: PC Games-
Jump to: